Most Important Android Interview Questions with Answer
If You are Fresher, Then Believe me these few important questions are very helpful for you. As per my experience interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular question during your interview, normally questions start with some basic concept of the subject and later they continue based on further discussion and what you answer −
- What is Android ?
It is an Open-sourced operating system that is used primarily on mobile devices, such as cell phones and tablets. It is a Linux Kernel based system that’s been equipped with rich components that allows developers to create and run apps that can perform both basic and advanced functions.
- What is Google Android SDK ?
The Google Android SDK is a tool set that developers need in order to write apps on Android enabled devices. It contains a graphical interface that emulates an Android driven handled environment, allowing them to test and debug their codes.
- What is Android Architecture ?
Android Architecture is made up of 4 key components:-
- Describe the Android Framework ?
The Android Framework is an important aspect of the Android Architecture . Here you can find all the classes and methods that developers would need in order to write applications on the Android environment.
- What is an Activity ?
Activity performs actions on the screen.If you want to do any operations, we can do with activity
- What is an Intent ?
Intents displays notification messages to the user form within the Android enabled device. It can be used to alert the user of a Particular state that occurred. Users can be made to respond to intents.
- What is An android manifest file?
Every application must have an AndroidManifest.xml file (with precisely that name) in its root directory. The manifest file presents essential information about your app to the Android system, information the system must have before it can run any of the app’s code.
- Which language does android support to develop an application?
Android applications has written using the java(Android SDK) and C/C++(Android NDK).
- What is viewGroup in android?
View group is a collection of views and other child views, it is an invisible part and the base class for layouts.
- What is a content provider in android?
A content provider component supplies data from one application to others on request. Such requests are handled by the methods of the ContentResolver class. A content provider can use different ways to store its data and the data can be stored in a database, in files, or even over a network.
- What is nine-patch images tool in android?
We can change bitmap images in nine sections as four corners,four edges and an axis
- What are the different storage available in android?
Shared Preferences,Internal Storage,External Storage,SQLite Databases and Network Connection
- What is WebView in Android?
WebView is UI component that can display either remote web-pages or static HTML
- Which Kernel used in Android?
Android is customized Linux 3.6 kernel.
- Android is customized Linux 3.6 kernel ?
Use a dynamic broadcast receiver in the activity, and send a broadcast from the service. Once the dynamic receiver is triggered update UI from that receiver.
- What is drawable folder in android?
A compiled visual resource that can used as a backgrounds,banners, icons,splash screen etc.
- What are different data storage options are available in Android?
– File Storage
– Cloud Storage
- What is an Explicit Intent?
– Explicit intent specifies the particular activity that should respond to the intent.
– They are used for application internal messages.
- What is an Implicit Intent?
– In case of Implicit Intent, an intent is just declared.
– It is for the platform to find an activity that can respond to it.
– Since the target component is not declared, it is used for activating components of other applications.
- What is Orientation?
– Orientation decides if the LinearLayout should be presented in row wise or column wise fashion.
– The values are set using setOrientation()
– The values can be HORIZONTAL or VERTICAL
- What is Dalvik Virtual Machine?
– It is Android’s virtual machine.
– It is an interpreter-only virtual machine which executes files in Dalvik Executable (.dex) format. This format is optimized for efficient storage and memory-mappable execution.